Travel, whether domestic or international, increases your chances of getting infected and spreading COVID-19. Governments across the globe have travel advisories in effect. If you are traveling during this pandemic, please make sure to review and understand the guidelines for your destination, and plan accordingly for a safe trip.
Listed below are COVID-19 travel guidelines from a select few countries:
- Africa (https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/covid-4/coronavirus-south-africa)
- Canada (https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice.html)
- China (see below: Guidance from Chinese Consulate General in Chicago)
- Hong Kong (https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/inbound-travel.html)
- India (https://www.newdelhiairport.in/airsuvidha/allairports)
- Kuwait (COVID-19 in Kuwait – COVID-19 Very High – Level 4: COVID-19 Very High – Travel Health Notices | Travelers’ Health | CDC)
- Japan (https://www.mofa.go.jp/ca/fna/page4e_001053.html#section5)
- Mexico (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Mexico.html)
- Pakistan (COVID-19 in Pakistan – COVID-19 Very High – Level 4: COVID-19 Very High – Travel Health Notices | Travelers’ Health | CDC)
- United Kingdom (https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control)
- United States (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html)
Travel to China
In order to reduce cross-border transmission of COVID-19 and to protect the health and safety of passengers, starting February 19, 2021, all foreign nationals holding valid Chinese Residence Permits of three categories who will take flights from Detroit to China are required to contact the Chinese Consulate General in Chicago and get confirmation from the Consulate before booking flights and taking the nucleic acid and IgM antibody tests. Neither HDC QR Code application nor boarding will be approved for passengers without confirmation.
Please write to email@example.com, explain the purpose of your visit to China, and send copies of your passport, Chinese Residence Permit, as well as other supporting documents.
Tests from the listed laboratories should be taken within 48 hours of boarding. If you take the direct flight from Detroit, this is the list: http://www.chinaconsulatechicago.org/eng/zytz/t1841520.htm.
After you get your test report, please apply for the QR code with the “HDC” mark by logging on to the following website https://hrhk.cs.mfa.gov.cn/H5/ via computer or smartphone.